oreXpress Full Range, Field Portable Spectrometers for
Mineral Identification and Analysis
The oreXpress spectrometer and EZ-ID software are trademarks of Spectral Evolution, Inc.
The oreXpress spectrometer delivers the benefits of a
full range NIR spectrometer to the geologist in the field.
The oreXpress makes mineral identification fast and
efficient. It is used for:
The oreXpress saves spectra as ASCII files and works
- Mapping alteration zones
- Vectoring to mineralization
- Open pit mapping
- Analyzing outcrops, hand samples, and RC chips
- Quickly analyzing drill core samples
with third party software such as:
Click here for more information on software.
1 Canal Street ◊ Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA
Tel: 978 687-1833 ◊ Fax: 978 945-0372
Copyright © 2012 Spectral Evolution, Inc.
specTERRA is a trademark of Spectral Evolution, Inc.
- Full range UV/VIS/NIR/SWIR with three photodiode array
detectors covering the 350-2500nm spectrum
- High signal-to-noise ratio for better reflectance values
- Fast start-up and use, with no optimization step required to
start scanning or between scans
- DARWin SP Data Acquisition software automatically saves
scans as ASCII files - no hours of pre-processing to use with
3rd party software
- Collect target data with a single click
- Mineral identification capabilities are built-in - use our EZ-ID
software, compare scans versus existing libraries such as
SpecMIN and USGS, or compare against your own custom
- Our library builder allows you to quickly build new libraries
and add to existing libraries
- Rugged handheld GETAC PS336 handheld microcomputer with
a sunlight readable display includes an auto-focus digital
camera, e-compass, altimeter, GPS and voice notes, as well as
the ability to tag scans with pictures, notes GPS, etc.
- Ergonomic mineral contact probe and rugged metal clad fiber
- Lightweight lithium-ion battery for power in the field
- A range of accessories
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION mining customers range from some of the
world's largest to junior miners, including Rio Tinto, Trafigura, and
Mineral Targeting and Exploration, to name a few.
Geologists and exploration managers can identify minerals
associated with gold, silver, iron, copper, diamonds, aluminum,
uranium, and more across a range of deposit types, including
epithermals, porphyries, kimberlites, carbonate hosted base
metals, shear veins, skarns, and disseminated gold systems.
In addition to in situ measurement and
identification in the field, these
geological spectrometers are also ideal
for core shack logging. In fact, in one
application, core logging analysis
was cut from six hours to just two
hours with a SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
The GETAC PS-336
can be used to
tag spectra with GPS
readings, photos (with its
built-in digital camera) and
voice notes with its built in
microphone. In this image,
the PS336 was used to
identify the presence of
montmorillonite. The extra
bright VGa display can
even be viewed in direct
More info on the PS336
Watch our GETAC video.
- Ideal for field
measurements on pits,
hand sample analysis, chip
- Also ideal for core logging
in logging shacks
- External battery for field
The oreXpress spectrometer is available with EZ-ID software that
EZ-ID builds mineral identification capabilities into the oreXpress.
- An easy way to create a custom mineral library
- The ability to quickly add spectra to an existing library
- Pattern matching algorithms in interactive mode that can
be used with SpecMIN, USGS, and other libraries for
- Display of your match report on-screen
You can quickly identify the mineral, compare it against an
existing general library like the USGS, or match it to the custom
library that you have built with EZ-ID.
Searching for a
spectrometer for mining
The oreXpress delivers
the following advantages
in the field: