SR-6500 Ultra High Resolution Spectroradiometer
The SR-6500 NIR spectroradiometer covers the UV/VIS/NIR range from 350-2500
nanometers. It features ultra high resolution and very stable performance with three
high density thermoelectrically cooled photodiode arrays. The SR-6500 is also
calibrated to NIST-traceable radiometric calibration standards.
Resolution at FWHM for the SR6500 is:
- 1.5nm @ 700nm
- 3.0nm @ 1500nm
- 3.8nm @ 2100nm
Resolution is achieved using three high density solid state thermoelectrically cooled
- 1024 element TE-cooled silicon phtotodiode array detector (VIS-NIR)
- 512 element TE-cooled InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 1)
- 512 element TE-cooled extended InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 2)
The SR-6500 features the following Noise Equivalence Radiance (NER) performance
with a 1.5 meter fiber optic:
- 1.0 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 400nm
- 2.8 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 1500nm
- 6.8 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 2100nm
NER is a measure of instrument sensitivity. Other features of the SR-6500 include:
- All fixed optics – no moving parts for rugged reliability
- Auto-exposure, auto dark current shutter
- DARWin SP Data Acquisition software saves all scans as ASCII files for use with
other software programs
The SR-6500 includes wireless Bluetooth and USB communications and has an
operating range from 0-40°C. Physical parameters include:
12.4 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches (31.5 x 22.9 x 38.7 cm)
11 pounds (4.99 kg)
What kind of applications will benefit from the higher resolution?
- Mineral identification and analysis where resolution can help to distinguish
between minerals with very similar spectra or to unmix and identify minerals in
- Soil studies for the identification of different soil characteristics, clay types,
presence or absence of nutrients and moisture.
- Vegetation studies for plant stress/health, over-fertilization, species
identification and more.
- Lab applications such as materials identification, etc.
- Solar radiance and irradiance research.
- Microbial diversity research
1 Canal Street ◊ Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA
Tel: 978 687-1833 ◊ Fax: 978 945-0372
Copyright © 2012 Spectral Evolution, Inc
The SR-6500 can be
used with a bare
fiber or FOV fiber
such as the pistol
The SR-6500 can be
also be used with the
sample contact probe
or Miniprobe for
analysis of minerals.
The higher resolution of the SR-6500 allows
you to see more features and more detail in
your scans. This closeup shows the SR-6500
in blue versus a standard field
spectroradiometer in green. The SR-6500
shows the additional features in the scan
which can be used for more accurate mineral
identification of this clay sample and better
analysis of its components.
In this example, the talc sample shows an
absorption feature at higher resolution with the
SR-6500 (blue) that is completely missed with a
high resolution standard field