SPECTRAL EVOLUTION capsule overview:
- Incorporated 2004
- Full line supplier of UV-VIS-NIR field portable spectrometers and spectroradiometers for mining, remote sensing, solar simulator testing, radiometric calibration transfer, and general photonics applications
- Facilities in Lawrence, Massachusetts
- USA Manufacturer of instruments for direct and distributor sales worldwide
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION specializes in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art full range UV- VIS-NIR field portable spectrometers and spectroradiometers. Our systems feature both InGaAs and Si photodiode arrays integrated into one lightweight, compact spectrometer package.
Our design philosophy:
- We only use photodiode arrays and fixed grating systems to avoid the use of light-robbing fiber optics within our instruments. This increases system sensitivity and overall reliability since there are no moving gratings to drift or malfunction. We make every effort to build systems that won’t break down during your mission critical work.
- We strive to make our systems small and lightweight (3.5kg or less) yet rugged for everyday use. Our portable systems are powered with lightweight high capacity lithium ion batteries and can be operated in stand-alone fashion or with small handheld mobile computers to keep your travel load as light as possible.
- We constantly look for ways to make our instruments and software the easiest to use- with one- touch autoexposure – autodark shutter – autoranging controls and easy software pulldown menus. Our Bluetooth interface makes wireless connections easy and straightforward.
Custom systems approach:
- The Spectral Evolution approach is to examine an application’s requirements, apply systems engineering, and provide a solution based on our modular illumination, sampling, and spectral detection technologies available. The Spectral Evolution team has developed and produced thousands of spectral measuring systems for a variety of applications.
- Spectral Evolution is committed to ensuring customer satisfaction. We believe that a solution must meet the all of the customer’s application requirements.
The SPECTRAL EVOLUTION team hosts a multidisciplinary engineering and marketing staff with experiences in many different spectroscopic fields and applications. The company was founded by Dennis Witz who led spectrometer R&D for leading companies in the Remote Sensing and Analytical Instruments fields. As Director of Engineering for Geophysical & Environmental Research Corp. (GER), he championed the development of a family of photodiode array based, Full Range (UV, Vis, and NIR) Field Portable Spectroradiometers and advanced the technologies of airborne hyper-spectral imaging systems. As the Biomedical Systems Group Leader at PerkinElmer, he led the development and production of spectrometer, spectrophotometer, and illumination systems for use in Life Science instrumentation, Clinical Diagnostic instruments, On-Line Process Monitoring (PAT) systems and many other applications. He also supported Beckman-Coulter’s Scientific Instruments products as a member of their engineering group.
Spectral Evolution, Inc. provides NIST Traceable Calibrations for spectral measuring Radiometric Calibration
- NIST traceable UV-VIS-NIR Radiometric Integrating Sphere Source
- NIST traceable UV-VIS-NIR Irradiance Source
- NIST traceable Deuterium UV Irradiance Source
Spectral Evolution, Inc. provides top quality Engineering, Management, and Marketing/Applications support for spectral our measuring devices and applications.
- System level and detail Design, Analysis
- Project Management
- Calibration and System Test
Detail Design Expertise:
- Optical Design: Spectrometer Design, Illumination Modules, Ray Tracing
- Electronics Design: High Performance Analog, Digital, and Control Circuits
Detection Electronics, Embedded Processing, Data Acquisition, PCB Layout
- Mechanical Design: For Custom modules
- Software: embedded firmware and application code
C/C++, Visual Basic, Labview, Assembly Code
- Systems Engineering: Systems Performance Modelling, Specification
Generation, Test Plan Development
- Project Management: Planning, Communication and Execution
- Algorithm Development: Signal Processing, Calibration, Automated Test
- Test Station: Custom test stations for electro-optical systems and