oreXpress spectrometers are ideal for core logging
The oreXpress, RS-5400 or SR-6500 with EZ-ID mineral identification software provide accurate and repeatable core logging measurements that allow miners and geologists to create a more precise and complete picture of mining potential. If you are frustrated with manual core logging – slow and inaccurate – and unable or unwilling to justify the acquisition of a full automated core logging system, then you should take a look at the oreXpress, RS-5400 or SR-6500 geological spectrometers.
Why are oreXpress, RS-5400 and SR-6500 mineral analyzers so well-suited for core logging?
- Speed – a user can take scans at every 25 cm, could easily scan 400 meters a day of core.
- Affordability – the oreXpress, RS-5400 or SR-6500 can easily pay for itself before the end of your first project
- Take a systematic approach – no more illegible notes, indecipherable comments and abbreviations, or incomplete results – use the oreXpress, RS-5400 or SRE-6500 to standardize your core logging procedures
- Create a digital core database – scans are saved as ASCII files for use by other modeling or planning programs
- Use the oreXpress, RS-5400 or SR-6500 in QC for an automated core logger, if you have one
- Protect, organize and maximize your investment in mining and exploration and drilling investment
Start getting a complete picture of mine potential with better core logging.
oreXpress, RS-5400 and SR-6500 are available with EZ-ID mineral identification software and the Custom Library Builder Module. EZ-ID allows you to compare your target sample with a known library of mineral spectra. EZ-ID comes with the USGS spectral library and is available with the GeoSPEC library with samples from the Colorado School of Mines collection and SpecMIN library.
- Fast and accurate identification of an unknown mineral to a known spectral library sample
- Ease-of-use: take your scan using an oreXpress or oreXpress platinum and see results in real-time
- Simple, consistent user interface
- USGS, SpecMIN and GeoSPEC libraries available
- Weighted score for best matches
- Include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal results
- Batch Mode allows you to format and save EZ-ID results, scans and metadata in a spreadsheet, text, or comma delimited file format for use in reports and with other software
In Batch Mode, you can save all your results and scans from EZ-ID in a spreadsheet format.
EZ-ID mineral identification software can be used to identify minerals and see mineral alteration in core. All scans and associated data can be saved as ASCII files and then saved for use with 3D mineral mapping tools and help create a virtual core log library.
oreXpress mineral analyzers provide fast and accurate core logging
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’S oreXpress with our mineral contact probe, easily fits into chip trays for fast and accurate logging.