The Sales Leader has responsibility for creating and executing Global sales plans (including direct sales, channel management, and new business development) and vertical marketing strategy for SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometry products. This position will help build and nurture the SPECTRAL EVOLUTION brand and drive the sales growth to meet strategic goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new and existing business, manage the sales pipeline and close business
- Manage Technical Sales team and international distribution channels
- Drive vertical strategy; create and support plan development.
- Conduct sales training (key selling points, competitive counters) on a regular cadence to improve selling skills and proper positioning of product & service solutions for sales team members and distribution partners.
- Manage and grow the SPECTRAL EVOLUTION brand equity. Utilize VOC to manage change.
- Analyze and report out market, competitive, and application trends as well as new workflow opportunities
- Review and drive metrics for sales and marketing
- Expand the value and interest in the spectralevolution.com communities and increase the number of new vertical contacts in the marketing database
- Provide support to new product development initiatives.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Spectroscopic related field; MS, Ph.D. or MBA preferred.
- 5-10+ years work experience with solid analytic/scientific technology and market knowledge. Prior experience in global sales management and/or vertical strategy development.
- Demonstrated results in driving campaign results targeting specific market segments that include web, search, social media, advertising and events.
- Ability to travel internationally 25%
- Proven ability to sell complex technical equipment and solutions is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the SPECTRAL EVOLUTION brand, the Remote Sensing industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Strong ability to form relationships with Commercial and Business Unit counterparts and influence without authority. Responsive to commercial needs.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to: