Compact Lab Spectrometers
Ideal for full range reflectance, transflectance, transmittance and absorption measurements at 350-2500nm spectral range
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’S SM-3500 full range photodiode array spectrometers feature superior signal-to-noise ratio and spectral resolution. For best sensitivity in the NIR ranges, only SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers can be used with fiber mount FOV lenses that couple directly to the optical path. This is due to their superior diffraction-based optical platform with multiple photodiode arrays (two InGaAs arrays for NIR in the SM-3500). Multiple detectors are all measuring the same target sample due to their beam splitter optical path. This ensures better data integrity in transition areas as the spectrum shifts between detectors. Unlike competitive systems, SM-3500 spectrometers have no internal fiber optics or movable gratings that can break, drift or fail during mission critical experiments. All SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometers come with a full 12 month warranty against defects and breakage in use.
The SPECTRAL EVOLUTION SM-3500 spectrometer features wireless bluetooth interface for remote sensing applications.
- Our best laboratory full range spectrometer
- 350-2500nm spectral range
- Includes one 512 element Si array and two 256 element extended- range InGaAs arrays for maximum resolution & sensitivity
- Superb field reliability with no moving optical parts
- Lightweight and compact
- Removable fiber optic cable – field swappable
- Optional lightweight lithium-ion batteries
- Wide range of FOV fiber mount lenses
- Optional handheld GETAC PS-336 microcomputer with digital camera, altimeter, GPS, voice notes, and sunlight readable display
- DARWin SP Data Acquisition software – saves files as ASCII for use with other software – pull-down menus for 19 vegetation indices
LF Series Single InGaAs array spectrometers come in a standard bench package. The Series includes the LF-2500 and LF-1250. Both have a single InGaAs photodiode array detector. Ruggedized packaging is offered for OEM applications.
Our units can be ordered with different slit options- please inquire if you need a system with a slightly different spectral range or resolution!
All Units Feature:
- Photodiode array optics– no moving gratings
- Fast Scanning
- USB and wireless Bluetooth interface for easy remote sensing operation
- Stable, TE cooled array
- Fast F2 optical system matched to fiber
- On Board Scan Averaging
- Built-in autoshutter & autoexposure for one-touch measurements
- SMA 905 Fiber Optic Input
- All units include DARWin SP Analysis Software
Q: What’s the difference between a spectrometer and a spectroradiometer? Which instrument should I buy?
A: SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectroradiometers are factory calibrated with NIST-traceable reference standards to measure spectral radiance and irradiance . They can also be used as spectrometers to measure reflectance, transflectance, absorbance and transmission. If you need to measure absolute energy levels of your target, then we suggest purchasing a spectroradiometer.
The SM-3500 is supplied with detachable fiber optic cables, right angle diffusers, integrating spheres, contact probe, leaf clip, pistol grip and additional FOV lenses may also be ordered as optional accessories.
Transmittance of polystyrene (blue trace), polyester (red trace) and acetate films Spectrometer equipped with a 4 degree FOV lens and external light source.
- Water/Moisture Analysis
- Process Monitoring