The RS-8800 Remote Sensing Bundle is Well-Suited for Field Measurements
The RS-8800 field spectroradiometer is a full range (350-2500nm) high resolution/high sensitivity system including an Internet of Things (IoT) operating system that allows you to operate the system by iPhone, Android device, or tablet. In combination with our new Sensaprobe™ grip, researchers can access and store more important field data in addition to their scans, including:
- A picture of the exact sample Field of View that you want to scan
- The angle of the scan
- The sun height angle
- The GPS location
The RS-8800 uses its IoT operating system to control the pistol grip functionality so that any user can get consistent scans. The IoT uses a WiFi network accessed by an Android device, iPhone or tablet for controlling the system and downloading data stored on the instrument.
The RS-8800 with the Sensaprobe™ grip provides feedback as you are scanning: showing you a picture of the area you have targeted, indicating when the probe angle is at nadir, noting the angle of the sun and providing your GPS location – all so you can take the exact scan you require.
The RS-8800 Remote Sensing Bundle includes the following:
- RS-8800 spectroradiometer with built-in computer and Internet of Things (IoT) operating system that you can control from your iPhone, Android device, or tablet
- DARWin SP-88 Data Acquisition software
- Pelican shipping case
- Custom backpack
- 5 x 5 inch reflectance panel
- 1.5 meter fiber optic with radiance calibration
- High capacity battery with fast charger
The RS-8800 runs on lithium-ion batteries for a full day of scanning. The instrument is equipped with a custom backpack for field use. The system is available with a range of FOV lenses for the Sensaprobe grip to meet various application requirements.In addition, optional accessories include:
- Sensaprobe™ grip featuring tilt angle sensor, auto-rangefinder and camera to automatically photograph and record field of view of scanned image – comfortable pistol grip and trigger button with tripod mount
In addition to the Sensaprobe grip, the RS-8800 can be easily interchanged with other SPECTRAL EVOLUTION accessories for all remote sensing applications, including:
- 10mm and 3mm contact probes
- benchtop probe with a compactor
- premium and standard pistol grips
- FOV lenses
- unique leaf clip
- portable four inch reflectance/transmittance sphere
The RS-8800 Remote Sensing Bundle uses a built-in computer running an Internet of Things (IoT) operating system to provide control of the instrument from an Android device, tablet or iPhone.
The RS-8800 Remote Sensing Bundle includes a custom backpack for taking in situ measurements in the field.
The Sensaprobe grip shows you the exact field-of-view you are scanning.