EZ-ID – Real-Time Sample Identification for SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometers and Spectroradiometers
Quickly identify your target samples with EZ-ID software for SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers and spectroradiometers. Built into our DARWin SP user interface, EZ-ID provides real time sample identification for field or lab use. Scan your target data and immediately match it against a known library, such as the USGS library which is included with EZ-ID. Or for mineral identification choose the optional SpecMIN library or the new GeoSPEC High Resolution Library comprised of scans of samples from the Colorado School of Mines Museum collection. Or create your own custom built library. EZ-ID provides a Library Builder software module so you can quickly and easily create and add to a custom library.
EZ-ID software works with samples from a wide range of applications including vegetation studies, soil research, crop health, raw materials identification and QC, plastics identification, minerals, and more.
- Fast and accurate identification of target samples to a known library
- Just collect your target scan using a SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometer or spectroradiometer and see results in real time
- Simple consistent, familiar user interface
- For mineral identification, check against USGS and optional SpecMIN and GeoSPEC libraries
- EZ-ID provides a weighted score for best matches
- Dynamically include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal accuracy
- Display results in as many score tables as you want and export to a spreadsheet
An example of EZ-ID software identifying a target scan of a plastic as an acrylic by matching it to a known sample in our spectral library. This example shows a match to a custom library. EZ-ID also works with commercially available libraries.
EZ-ID provides multi-column score tables for comparison of different matching results based on different combinations of selected match regions based on absorption features. It also has batch processing capabilities that allows users to save their scan files in a format, a comma separated file, or a tab delimited text file. Batch processing is frequently used to format scans for use with other 3rd party software for geological modeling or mine planning. EZ-ID also includes comparison plot, information, and bibliography features for library entries.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Library Builder Module
Create your own custom library of mineral spectra for a specific set of minerals, locations, projects – quickly and easily with our Library Builder Module.
- Scan your sample with one of our spectrometers or spectroradiometers, such as the PSR-3500, oreXplorer, oreXpert, RS-5400, SR-6500, and oreXpress
- Select the appropriate metadata associated with the scan
- Define your own metadata fields, include date of project, site identification and location, species identification and name, field of view, solar and observation angle, measurement time and more
- Add new scans to an existing library just as quickly and easily
- Run new target scans against your library for immediate identification
Library Builder is a powerful tool for creating a custom library that will make your identification processes even more accurate.
You can build your own custom library by scanning known samples and entering your critical metadata. Metadata can be customized to include information specific to your application. For example in a raw materials inspection/QC application you might include vendor name, lot number, and similar information. In a vegetation library, you might include location (including GPS coordinates) time of day for the scan, atmospheric conditions, and so on.
EZ-ID software is ideal for mineral identification with an oreXpress spectrometer for mining exploration. To learn more about EZ-ID for mineral identification, click here.
oreXpress spectrometers for mining provide a fast return on investment with accurate collection of data in the field plus fast mineral identification. For more information on the oreXpress, click here.