Mining Software for Spectral Evolution Field Portable Spectrometers
Every SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometer and Spectroradiometer is supplied with our exclusive DARWin SP Data Acquisition software – a full-featured, menu driven program for easy data manipulation and analysis of multiple UV-VIS-NIR spectra. The DARWin SP module features one-touch operation and easy, intuitive menus for fast, effortless operation.
Users can take advantage of the following DARWin SP analysis features:
- Automatically saves data as an ASCII file for compatibility with SpecMIN, GRAMS, TSG and other 3rd party software – no extra export function necessary
- Collect reference or target data with a single click
- Display reflectance/transmittance data (percentage) or absorbsance (logarithmic) versus wavelength
- Single and multiple spectral plots available
- Compare current scans against libraries, including USGS libraries
EZ-ID Mineral Identification Software
Our EZ-ID software allows you to quickly identify minerals of interest, match them against existing libraries (like SpecMIN or USGS), or create your own custom library. EZ-ID software provides:
- An easy way to create a custom mineral spectral library
- The ability to quickly add spectra to an existing library
- Pattern matching algorithms in interactive mode that can be used with SpecMIN, USGS and other available libraries for mineral identification
- Display of your match report on screen
With EZ-ID, the mineral identification capabilities are built into the spectrometer, so you have instant access in the field. The results include more accurate identification, faster identification and the ability to take more sample scans in less time.
Compatibility with 3rd Party Analysis Software
Because DARWin saves scan data in an ASCII format it is ready-to-use with a number of popular 3rd party analysis software, including SpecMIN, GRAMS, and The Spectral Geologist (TSG).
SpecMIN is a mineral identification system that includes an extensive library of reference spectra for minerals, wavelength search/match tables, physical properties of each species in the database, and literature references for the infrared active mineral phases. SpecMIN is available with SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’S EZ-ID.
For mineral identification, SpecMIN offers over 500 infrared active mineral species with almost 4,000 spectra. The automated spectral match tables present matches by:
- Major and minor absorption features
- Mineral species
- Mineral groups
Feature analysis tables are available for individual species and diagnostic absorption features for each mineral selected. There is also an automated search/match feature for identification help. SpecMIN is a product of Spectral International, Inc.
GRAMS is a suite of software programs for visualizing, processing, and managing the spectroscopic data you collect. It offers tool to capture, store, process, and report data. It has a graphical multivariate analysis tool for building both quantitative and qualitative models for discriminant analysis. GRAMS provides:
- Advanced processing routines, data comparison, and visualization
- Spectral database provides a scalable data management tool
- Spectral pattern matching/library searching
- Chemometrics software for deploying chemometric calibration models
GRAMS software is a product of Thermo Scientific. For more information on GRAMS, click here.
The Spectral Geologist (TSG)
TSG is a suite of tools for geological analysis of spectral reflectance data of minerals, rocks and soils, drill cores, and chips. With TSG, a user can generate a detailed analysis of multiple spectra, use core images and ancillary data streams, and work with small or large data sets. TSG features the following capabilities:
- Analyze any size spectral data set
- Make thousands of spectra into calculated mineralogical indices for analysis os specific mineral characteristics, such as composition
- Automate the mineral interpretation process
- Integrate spectrally derived data with imported geochemical and geological mine data
- Visualize and plot results in a wide range of formats and views
Field data acquisition with DARWin SP and the GETAC PS336
The oreXpress spectrometer and EZ-ID software are trademarks of Spectral Evolution, Inc. For added convenience, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometers and Spectroradiometers may be custom ordered with laptop computers preloaded with DARWin SP Data Acquisition Modules. Depending upon your unique situation, we can put together a specialized computer package that takes you application and portability needs into account. Contact us today for additional information.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION also offers a Windows Mobile 6 version of its DARWin SP Data Acquisition Module for use with fully rugged handheld PDA devices. This program allows every SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Bluetooth-enabled spectrometer or spectroradiometer to be controlled via a handheld PDA. Contact us today for additional information.
True handheld convenience for field work or remote sensing!- SPECTRAL EVOLUTION offers a PDA compatible version of its DARWin SP Data Acquisition Package that permits fingertip control of mobile data and can be used to trigger data collection remotely. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION offers the GETAC PS336 PDA preloaded with all necessary software to run all Bluetooth enabled SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometers. The GETAC can be used to tag spectra with GPS readings, photos (with its built-in digital camera) and voice notes with its built in microphone.
In this image, the PS336 was used to take a scan of montmorillonite.
Additional software drivers and utilities
Contact us for information on additional drivers (e.g., Labview) that are available for specific instrument models.