Software for SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers and spectroradiometers
Every SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Spectrometer and Spectroradiometer is supplied with the exclusive DARWin SP Data Acquisition software – a full-featured, menu driven program for easy data manipulation and analysis of multiple UV/VIS/NIR spectra. The DARWin SP module features one-touch operation and easy, intuitive menus for fast, effortless operation. DARWin saves your scans as ASCII files for use with third party software, like SpecMIN, TSG, and GRAMs, without pre-processing.
DARWin SP features the following capabilities:
- Collect reference or target scan spectra with a single click
- Automatic shutter for dark compensation
- Automatic integration time adjustment for each detector, or user can set values manually
- User-selectable averaging
- User-selectable radiometric calibration for instruments supplied with multiple entrance optic accessories
- Instrument status displayed after each scan (voltage, temperature, scan title, etc.)
- Automatically saves spectra to text files for later retrieval
- Timed mode: spectra can be collected at user adjustable intervals from 1 second to 1 hour.
- Trigger mode: instruments equipped with external trigger inputs can collect data when receiving a trigger signal, with adjustable 0-50 ms delay
- Spectrometry – display reflectance/transmittance data (percentage) or absorbance (logarithmic) vs. wavelength
- Spectroradiometry – display spectral radiance or irradiance vs. wavelength, depending on entrance optic
- Two types of spectral plots available: single and multiple
- Single scan plot displays active spectrum (radiometric/ratio/both with separate y-axes), with or without the associated reference.
- Single scan plot also features a data table window with user-selectable columns (channel #, wavelength, radiometric/ratio values for both reference and active spectra)
- Table data can be easily copied to spreadsheet software
- Multiple scan plot displays numerous scans on the same axes; easily compare current scans against ones collected over an extended time period or archived data
- Selectable plot lines highlight the corresponding legend items. Selectable legend titles allow you to hide/show/delete plot lines or copy them to new plot windows
- All plots have automatic or manual vertical scaling adjustment and axis limits
- Zoom and pan functionality. Single scan plots can zoom multiple y-axes together or independently
- Adjustable plot titles, axis labels, color palettes, line thickness and antialiasing
- Optional adjustable-width moving average filtering
Scan Information Window:
- Displays up-to-date instrument parameters (device ID, voltage, detector temperature readings)
- Displays current scan parameters (title, averages setting, integration settings, dark current subtraction mode)
- Spectroradiometry: integrated radiance or irradiance, with user-adjustable wavelength range and display units
- Photometry: luminance/illuminance
- Colorimetry: x’,y’ coordinates and correlated color temperature
- Derivatives: calculate first and second derivatives
DARWin SP includes:
- Application software including: vegetation indices, mineral reflectance, solar simulation, first and second derivatives and energy measurement
DARWin SP is also available in two additional versions:
- DARWin LT – runs on the ALGIZ 8X rugged handheld tablet under Windows 10
- DARWin SP-88 – runs on an Android device, tablet or iPhone to control the SR-8800 spectroradiometer available in the RS-8800 bundle
DARWin SP is also available with sample identification software:
- EZ-ID and Custom Library Builder for mineral and sample identification (USGS library included and SpecMIN and GeoSPEC libraries available)
EZ-ID for mineral identification allows you to collect a scan from an unknown target and match it to a known mineral scan from the USGS spectral library, SpecMIN, GeoSPEC or other commercial spectral libraries, or a custom library you can build with the Custom Library Builder module that is part of EZ-ID.
DARWin SP offers 19 vegetation indices in a pull-down menu for researchers working in a range of vegetation studies, crop health projects, canopy studies, and more.
DARWin SP Data Acquisition software is easy to use with intuitive menus and a range of capabilities for capturing scans in the field, like the leaf scan shown above.